1. Share what stood out to you from the service this past Sunday. (Passage, verse, point, illustration…)
2. Read Esther 4. Summarize the chapter and share your understanding of the events taking place.
3. How would you describe Esther’s reaction to the situation faced by Mordecai and the Jews?
4. In Esther 4:12-14, Mordecai alludes to the sovereignty of God with regard to Esther. Discuss how knowing that God is control of all things produces courage in our lives.
5. In verses 14-16, Esther directs the people to fast for three days on her behalf. Discuss the faith, fear, and conviction demonstrated by Esther and what we can learn from her reaction to the situation.